Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Here it is already; Christmas Eve! Where does the time go??? I need to wrap everything but I'm pretty sure Jacob ended up moving to my bed-I moved to the couch-my coughing was keeping Frank up. I can't wrap stuff if Jacob's in the room I'm wrappin in!

I finally figured out how to get music on this blog-and found the music I wanted-only TWO days before Christmas. Oh well...now that I know, though it'll be easier for next time.

I'm excited for the new year-I'm hoping it brings lots of opportunities for a job for Frank! I'm excited to be working on the two Design Teams that I'm on (Life Preservers & Picture it Made). I'm limiting myself to two so that I don't get overwhelmed. PIM is for 6 months and LP is every 3 months - my first month to design for that club is in March. Since I'm on the Altered Items team there I'm thinking of new stuff to create (and don't want to wait till March!)

Sometime this next week I'm planning on going through my office/scrap area and clean it out! Get rid of all the junk I don't need/want and try to get my scrap stuff organized. Right now my regular desk is a mess of papers-looks like Jacob has codes for Sims 2 scattered all over the top. I've got the new SU catty open to some stuff, some books I have on Ebay, a postage scale, receipts that I've put in and 3 yes, 3 cameras. Then there's the usual junk on there-files, piles of filing junk, etc. I literally can't see the top of this beautiful desk that is about 5 feet long. SO, my goal for 2008 (I don't make "resolutions"-I personally feel that I'm setting myself up for failure)...I make GOALS. My GOAL for 2008 is to keep my desk clean. To be able to keep my CR sitting in front of my printer so I can use it whenever-without clearing a spot to set it. To keep stuff filed so I know immediately where it is and where to find it. When I used to work outside of the house, my desk was always spotless. I couldn't stand a messy desk. I was extremely anal about it. But now, for some reason, I've let that go. Not sure why. Maybe because it's my home office-but this is where I make my living-so who knows. Plus I have to get stuff organized. I agreed to do Crystal's taxes this year (I HATE doing her taxes and swore I'd NEVER do them again! She has corporate returns and her stuff is usually difficult!) But desperate times call for desperate measures. Frank promised to help me (he doesn't know this means "helping" by keeping the kids out of my hair and office. Her taxes usually take WEEKS, so I hope she gives the stuff to me early this year. Ok...enough "unfun" stuff! Off to figure out which cookies we're going to make today...on to more FUN stuff!

1 comment:

Jane H said...

Goo luck getting the taxes donw!!!