Ok...so I knew it was too good to be true...that supposedly our rebate check would be direct deposited into our account on the 9th (according to the IRS info). NOPE. Not there. Ok...so I do some digging (or rather DH does the digging because he got to it before I did). Lo and behold...what does he find out? That because we filed using TURBO TAX and had our refund direct deposited into our account and used their Santa Barbara Bank & Trust thing that they have you do, we are not recognized in the system as a direct deposit account SO we don't get our rebate check direct deposited into our account like MILLIONS of Americans. No, and Turbo Tax NEVER NOTIFIED ANYONE OF THIS! They knew but did they email us or even snail-mail us? NO...that would be too much like SERVICE. Instead they let us all find out by SEARCHING THE INTERNET. And when you go to the TurboTax site to find out how to reach them...you get some stupid myriad of menus that end up frustrating you until you give up until you find the words, "Contact by Phone" and then where the number should be, what does it say? "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE". Ok...so you bail on the consumer and then aren't even available to be held accountable? Geez...I wish I could do my job like that...
1 comment:
sorry you are dealing with this. mom and I both got ours and we filed Turbo Tax :( So sorry you are dealing with such a mess! I hope it comes soon!
Post a Comment